Thursday, January 25, 2007

Linky Goodness

Renee, the webmistress of Fatfighter Blogs, was very generous with her bandwidth and stuck my little review of the Lifetime movie of the week To Be Fat Like Me up on the front page. You can check it, and a ton of other really cool stuff, out here.

I was reading the newspaper from my old 'hood and came across a very interesting series about a 40-something man and his experiences with gastric bypass. It definitely makes you stop and consider whether a one-fix like that is worth the pain and money investment.

Part 1--Hungry for a Change

Part 2--Going Under

Part 3--Keeping it Down

Part 4--A Different Life

5 comments:

lisa jane said...

Hey gorgeous.
Hope you are feeling a bit better today.Its weird how some days you feel on top of the world and powerful and other days you feel unsure and insecure.
Now i have MORE to read. :)

DadTo2 said...

Hey there!
Just thought I would drop by and see how you were doing today.

Hope things were better!

ttfn
Galen

BigAssBelle said...

i have an unnatural fascination with gastric bypass stories. i am drawn to Obesity Help in the same way i'm drawn to chocolate chip cookies and handsome men. i need to stop it. :-)

a review!! you are fabulous, honey. tell me you ARE putting together a book?

Lori G. said...

I hope things are going okay.

I read that late last night and I thought I don't want WLS. Some people think that it's the "easy" way to do it but I don't. I don't want to spend time being sick. And I could never, ever give up diet soda.

Thanks for linking that. Congrats on your review.

Grumpy Chair said...

Enjoyed your review.

I like to iron on weekend, and usually tune into a movie on cable. Lifetime tends to repeat movies on weekends, so maybe I will have chance to catch it.